If you study at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences (KAMK), remember to become a member of your local student union (KAMO). Your membership entitles you to have a say in the things that matter to you, such as your studies and student life. As a member, you can stand as a candidate and vote in committee elections and apply to become a member of the board of the student union. The student union is for your benefit!
When you join the student union you will receive a card proving your membership and student status which gives you access to local and national student discounts and benefits. Always be prepared to show your student card and carry it with you!
Joining the union and ordering your student card
- You can become a member and order a card if you have registered as an attending student at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences. Please check the conditions of receiving a card from here.
- Please print out the membership form from here and follow the instructions.
- When you have received your card, remember to obtain an academic year sticker from the Kaffé Tauko!
The prices of the student cards can be viewed here.
1. Fill out this membership form. Remember to sign the form.
2. Pay the membership and card fee, 32 euro, either into the bank account of KAMO: FI36 5760 0320 0874 62 (remember to mention the reference number 2011) or at Kaffé Tauko. Save the receipt.
3. Mail this form and the bank receipt to: KAMO / Student Card Application, P.O Box 52, 87101 KAJAANI, Finland. Or you can bring the form to Kaffé Tauko at the beginning of your studies.
4. You can pick up your Student card from Kaffé Tauko. The delivery time is 2 – 3 weeks.
5. If you cannot pick up your card from Kaffé Tauko, please do as follows: Enclose a stamped addressed envelope with the membership form and bank receipt. We will post your studentcard when it arrives.
Student card notice of delivery
The delivery time of the student card is roughly two weeks. You will receive a notification via your KAMK e-mail when the card is ready for pick-up. You can pick up your student card at the KAMO bookstores which is mentioned in the notification.
Read more about obtaining a new academic year sticker here.