If you study at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences (KAMK), remember to become a member of your local student union (KAMO). Your membership entitles you to have a say in the things that matter to you, such as your studies and student life. As a member, you can stand as a candidate and vote in committee elections and apply to become a member of the board of the student union. The student union is for your benefit!
When you join the student union you will receive a card proving your membership and student status which gives you access to local and national student discounts and benefits. Always be prepared to show your student card and carry it with you!
Joining the union and ordering your student card
1. You can become a member and order a card if you have registered as an attending student at Kajaani University of Applied Sciences. Please check the conditions of receiving a card from here.
2. If you are a new student, you can order the card after you have KAMK student credentials. Usually new international students will get the username during the first study week. Note that these credentials are not the ones you use to log on to KAMO’s webshop where the order is placed. This is done in order to make sure that you are a student of KAMK
3. After that you can log in on KAMO’s webshop (https://kide.app/en/ or download Kide.app from app store) and join as a member. You can make a separate password for the webshop or use your Facebook – account.
Student card costs EUR 32,00 (includes the physical membership card and whole academic year sticker)
1. Check that you have a suitable digital photo of yourself to attach to the student card. Photo have to be a portrait (like a passport photograph) of yourself against a light background so the face stand out clearly. More info on the photo here.
2. While ordering a student card you will need your personal student number. You can find your student number from Students desktop - Pakki following this path: Drop-down menu from the top right corner > Settings > Study information.
3. Log on to KAMO’s webshop via the link below. You can create a new password or sign in with your Facebook account.
4. Select New member, ORDER STUDENT CARD and select the payment method (credit/debit card information or MobilePay).
5. After you’ve payed your card and membership, your valid membership will be visible in the Wallet at the section “student card”. Note that this is not your mobile student card and is not valid as such. With this you can pick up the card and membership sticker from KAMO’s service point, Kaffé Tauko.
6. You will receive a notification via your school e-mail when the card is ready to be collected. You can pick up your student card at the Kaffé Tauko. Your identity will be checked, so please present a proper identification. The delivery time is 2 – 3 weeks.
Join KAMO and order a student card from here.
Student card notice of delivery
The delivery time of the student card is roughly two to three weeks. You will receive a notification via your KAMK e-mail when the card is ready for pick-up. You can pick up your student card at the Kaffé Tauko.
For new members KAMO can not send student cards, since the identity of the student must be verified.
Read more about obtaining a new academic year sticker here.